What is turmeric and what are its benefits?
Turmeric is a Hindu spice with incredible properties and benefits both nutritional and preventive, healing and medicinal. It is characterized by being yellow or mustard and having a specific flavor somewhat spicy, which gives another taste to the meals.
It has been attributed anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, choleretic, digestive, carminative, hepatoprotective, lipid-lowering, detoxifying at the liver, anti-ulcer, cardio-protective and, in some cases, is also designated as anti-tumor.
Today we bring you some of the properties of this species:
- To begin with, turmeric stands out as a digestive plant. It helps digestion and relieves the feeling of have eaten a lot.
- It also works as an astringent and works very well for gastrointestinal inflammations.
- The turmeric rhizome contains 10 components with anticancer action. These include curcumin, beta-carotene, curdione, limonene and curcumenol. According to recent researches, turmeric would help reduce the risk of various types of cancer, as is the case of duodenum cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer and skin cancer.
- In external use has many beneficial properties for the skin. Rejuvenating the skin, helps eliminate toxins, and keep the skin healthy and free of impurities.
- It is attributed a rejuvenating effect of the skin, helps eliminate toxins, and keep the skin healthy and free of impurities.
Did you know all its properties? Tell us what your favorite spice is and why you use it.