5 things you probably don't know about Chocolate | IbizaFoodie
One of the food with most fans in the world… Chocolate!
We know a lot of think about it, like how to cook in different ways (for cakes, ice cream, textures mix) or how to enjoy it in our daily activities.
However, there’s a lot of things that we ignore about it, curiosities that you maybe would love to know… Check it out:
1. Chocolate is healthy. Indeed, there are a lot of benefits: reduces cholesterol, big iron and magnesium source and works as antioxidant.
2. Cocoa was used as money during the Mayas. You was able to buy a rabbit for 10 seeds of cocoa.
3. In Spain, we are used to eat 4kg of chocolate per year, but we’re sure your rate is more like the European average: 9kg!!
4. The most expensive Cocoa seed is from Equator – Manabí. Sold at 900€/kg. No chemicals are used, that’s why this price…
5. Cocoa’s demand all around the globe is growing to fast. It’s a problem for our future because only few of us will can buy it in few years… So go and buy chocolate right now 😉
An important point is that we’re talking about pure cocoa and not all the commercial snacks you can find in the markets. We’re talking about pure dark chocolate. Our recommendation is to always buy chocolate with more 80% cocoa if you want to enjoy the real healthy product.