From Mediterranean to Arabian Sea | IbizaFoodie
Today we want to taste different things. From the Mediterranean diet to exotic foods from Orient.
Falafel is a food origin from Arabian. You can find it: Middle East, India, Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Falafel is also called “wrapped” here in Europe. But we can cook it also like a croquette. No worries, it’s very easy.
At first, you need this ingredients:
- 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 500 grams of chickpeas
- Middle cucumber
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons cumin
Then we can preparate the Falafel. Follow this steps:
- Rinse with water and let the beans soak overnight
- Grind uncooked chickpeas mixed with onions, garlic, parsley and add the coriander, cumin and salt and a cup of water.
- With the mass that has formed carries balls
- Add some breadcrumbs or flour
- You must fry the balls in a pan for 5 – 7 minutes just like Spanish “croquetas”