Homemade Mandarin Jam Recipe | IbizaFoodie
The mandarin season has started and we’re giving you the recipe to how to make jam! It’s very easy to do and you can apply it with any fruit, the only difference will be in quantity of sugar we’re going to use.
500 gr of Mandarin
250 gr. of sugar
Empty jam jars
How to do it:
1. Peel the mandarins and remove the seeds. Keep the peel from a mandarin.
2. Grate the peel or cut it in thin strips.
3. In a pan, add the mandarins, the strips, the juice of lemon and sugar. Normally, we are used to add 40%-60% of sugar in relation with the fruits. In this case we are adding 50%.
4. Heat the pan and stir constantly to avoid burning, test to add more sugar as you wish.
5. Let cold down 15 minutes and refill the jars.
Tips: To conserve your jam, introduce the jars of jam in boiling water face down during 20 minutes.