Let's cook a delicious potato gnocchis | IbizaFoodie
Today we have an Italian palate! We want to prepare a flavor dish with you. Are you ready to cook potato gnocchis?
Let’s do it!
Italian food isn’t only spaghetti, macaroni or pizza. The gnocchis are also traditional from Italy. We can prepare with basics ingredients that we always have in at home. Curiously in Argentina it’s also a common dish, the reason is because Italian immigrant went to this country and expand their culture.
The ingredients needed to make the gnocchi are:
- 1 kg potatoes
- 200 grams of flour
- 2 eggs
- Parmesan cheese
- virgin olive oil
Now, we are going to cook this succulent dish! The steps that you need to follow are:
1. First wash the potatoes very well. Without peeling boiling them and let cook during 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Once the potatoes are cooked, we will remove the pan and let stand about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Peel the potatoes, it will be much easier and wait 10 minutes. Then, with a fork, we crush them until you get an uniform paste (should not be lump)
4. Next we need a space with some flour to work with the paste.
5. A part, beat the yolk of the eggs.
6. With the mass that we have created with potatoes will make a volcano shape and in the middle we will add the salt and the yolks of two eggs.
7. Mix and stir the dough with our hands full of flour until a smooth, pliable dough. With this we make a ball and let rest for 10 minutes.
8. The ball that we have formed are the gnocchi. We’ll do it again and again to turn the big ball of dough into small gnocchi.
9. Prepare a pan of boiling water, olive oil and salt and will add the gnocchi gently to prevent them to get stick each other. At first, they will sink but once we see them float will have reached its ideal cooking point.
10. Once you have done this process with all the gnocchi, you can serve in the dish and add the Italian touch with Parmesan cheese, cream or tomato sauce.
It’s time to enjoy this Italian dish with yours.