Prepare a delicious and fast dish today: Tuna Tataki with orange jelly! | IbizaFoodie
People these days, are opting for unusual and exotic flavours when cooking. This is why, Ibiza Foodies is bringing you a succulent recipe that will most likely impress your guests at the dinner table.
Today, we’ll help you prepare a Japanese dish called Tataki. The list of ingredients that you’ll need include: ‘quicos’-corn kernels that have been soaked and then toasted and salted-, tuna, sour vermouth, and ginger and orange jelly. Don’t freak out yet, we promise you this will be way easier than what you are thinking!
Tuna is the main element of the dish, for this reason, we’ll need four pieces. Each of them should be an inch thick and weigh around half a pound. To achieve the sour flavour, we’ll use vermouth and vinegar and to finish the recipe, we’ll incorporate the ‘quicos’. Ginger, orange juice, and gelatine sheets will help us get that really unique flavour and last but not least, to finish the recipe, we’ll season the food with black pepper and maldon salt.
Once we know which ingredients we need, we’re ready to get our hands dirty and start cooking. As long as you stick to the following steps, you’ll get a very yummy Tataki in no time:
- Reduce the vermouth and vinegar in slow heat, until you get a thick sauce.
- Grate the ginger and then, blend it with some orange juice. Pour the mix into a saucepan, together with the gelatine sheets and some water. After letting it heat for three minutes, move it into the fridge where it will cool down in a container until it gets a jelly texture.
- Blend the ‘quicos’ until you get a powder.
- Slice the tuna filets into four pieces each. Season them with black pepper and fry them in a pan.
- Take the jelly out of the fridge and cut it into small cube-shaped pieces.
- To serve the food, create a straight line on the plate with the sauce and add twice as many pieces of jelly as chunks of tuna. To finish add the ‘quicos’ mix and we’ll season the food with maldon salt.
The cooking is done, and you’re now ready to enjoy this really tasty dish!