Roner: the most delicate cooking | IbizaFoodie
Today we are going to talk about a device that is widespread around the world, located in the best restaurants: The Roner.
This modern cuisine device was created by Joan Roca, executive chef at Celler de Can Roca, considered the best restaurant in the world for the past few years. It basically consists of a thermostat that allows to keep constant temperature between 5º and 100º C so precisely, getting a uniform temperature in the whole container, obtaining total control for cooking.
This cooking technique is known as Sous-vide, it keeps the integrity of the food and consists in vacuum packing the product with some condiments for cooking it later at low temperature (usually around 60º C). Food is cooked for a long time, sometimes over 24 hours!
Roner and Sous-vide method benefits
- Respects the natural structure of food, specially proteins
- There is no flavor evaporation or dilution
- It achieves the smoothest texture possible compared with other techniques
- It is cooked in its own juice, this way enhances its own flavor and condiments
- The lack of oxygen avoids the food oxidation.
- It is a tool that allows you to pasteurize products cooked by traditional techniques
Roner at home
Even though it was a tool created for haute cuisine, there exists already a wide range of brands that commercialize low-temperature cooking machines for domestic use. You can find them easily on the Internet, and not so pricey. You will also find hundreds of recipes to learn how to cook using the most delicate cooking method.
But if you have never tasted a low-temperature dish, we recommend you the Veal Shank at Montauk Steakhouse at Ushuaïa Ibiza Beach Hotel. It´s specially surprising because its melting texture and pure flavor.
MUST TASTE IT!