Surprise your guests with Ratatouille! | IbizaFoodie
Foodie, do you want to know a new original and authentic recipe? If your answer is yes you’re a real foodie! Today we want to give you an unique recipe: The ratatouille!!
It’s a classic plate of the french cuisine, it has an intense flavor. You´ll probably feel the fusion of the different exquisite flavors. It’s the perfect recipe to eat with meat or fish.
Do you want to start cooking, right? At first we need:
- 500 grams of eggplant
- 375 gr of zucchini
- 125 ml of olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 5 cloves garlic
- 750 g tomatoes branch
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig of basil
- Salt and pepper
Now, it’s time to cook it:
- Cut the eggplant into slices or small pieces and put in a bowl with salt for half an hour so that it loses a little bitter taste.
- Chop the other vegetables into thin strips onion, chopped peppers and zucchini into thin slices.
- We take a pan to which add 3 tablespoons of oil and onion and put to boil for 5 minutes.
- Then add the peppers, three cloves of garlic and lower the fire. We will keep for 7 minutes.
- We add salt, pepper and we put it on a tray and we reserve it.
- In the same pan two tablespoons of oiled cast and eggplant, we will cook for 6-7 minutes each side of it. Then we add it to the tray.
- We again take the oil and cook for five minutes zucchini continue the process of adding it to the tray.
- Again, we add oil in the pan to fry the tomatoes (peeled and seeded and chopped) and reserved add fine herbs and the remaining garlic cloves. The cook and crush them with a ladle until a sauce.
- Tray reserved bathe with the sauce and cook it over medium heat, covered for 10 minutes
- Once we uncover through that time, we lower the heat and leave it all about 20 minutes
Et Voilà!!! The Ratatouille is ready! “Bon appétit”