The sauce for your desserts: Eggnog! | IbizaFoodie
Do you want to give your desserts an unique flavor? Today we are going to talk about the recipe of the eggnog sauce, this is perfect for bathing our cakes, fruit salad, homemade ice cream or shakes.
This recipe is basic and is known as eggnog sauce or egg liqueur. It’s made with egg yolks, cinnamon, ground almonds, liquor, milk, sugar and vanilla. It is a recipe of the sweetest!
To prepare this recipe we need exact quantities of the ingredients! It’s time to know which ingredients can’t miss it in our kitchen:
- 200ml milk
- 100 ml of Eggnog
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 50 grams sugar
- Salt (the amount of salt depends on your tastes foodies!)
Do you have it? Perfect!
Let’s go step by step to prepare it:
In a saucepan put the milk and heat it:
- Add to the milk a tablespoon of vanilla and cinnamon.
- We also have to beat the egg yolks in a bowl, add the sugar and beat everything well.
- Once the milk is hot pour a little on the yolks and stir until a smooth dough. For those who want, it’s time to add a some salt.
- Withdraw the sauce once we have a homogeneous mass and filter to avoid lumps.
- Once it has cooled add the key ingredient, Eggnog liqueur.
- And let stand until you add it to the desserts!
- You can ajust the flavours with milk or liquor 😉
Try this recipe and tell us what you think about it!